View Single Post
Old 04-27-17, 08:02 AM   #19
oil pan 4
Land owner

Also I want to be able to turn the unit completely off during the day then crank it up about 1700L and have it actually be able to cool down the house on a 100°F day.
I did the load calculations, I wrote it down on a strip of toilet paper and left it next to the toilet because I have found that's about all they are really good for, says I really only need a 1 ton to 1.5 ton. The price difference between a 1 ton and 2 ton is about 50% more and I consider the 1.5 and 2 ton price difference to be negligible over the long haul.

Based on my observations the traditional air conditioning sizing method appears to focus on picking the lowest cost unit that will keep the house cool when ran continuously even on most of the hottest days of the year.
Since system cost is not my primary concern why size it the old fashioned way?

Plus I'm doing it all. Pouring the concrete pad, running electrical, install the unit, vacuum down the system, charging and firing it up. The AC installer company wants to do an install because their labor charge half to 2/3 of the total price and the repair man likely gets a kickback for selling a unit they have in inventory.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote