View Single Post
Old 07-21-17, 09:54 AM   #4
gtojohn
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Its was a 14 seer ruud rectangle unit. Indoor is adp coil with txv. Furnace ruud 50k with standard psc blower. I was afraid the tonnage might go down considerably but it seems to cool as well as before. I'm cooling 1200sqft with about 800sqft of attic, in the hottest part of the year (100F). I don't think I could pull it off with 18kbtu or less. Its dehumidifying quite well. Running amps were 4.3-4.8 which is below what I usually see on 1.5 ton. I usually expect 3.5 amps per ton when I check modern a/cs. I used to know where to look up the btu efficiency of refrigerants but google didn't help this morning. Seems like I remember r22 being very efficient with propane having slightly more btu, and 410a having less. That would mean needing to pump more refrigerant for the same amount of cooling. Its getting a good test this month we'll see if it lives. I'll see about getting more info out this weekend.