View Single Post
Old 09-12-09, 02:50 PM   #14
Daox
Administrator

It was time to revisit the work I did last year and do some improvements. I noticed that the door stop/trim had come up or was just not nailed down well enough. Turns out, it just doesn't match up all that great. So, time to stop more leaks and caulk it!

Once again, every time I came downstairs, I saw light through the crack by the door. Not as bad this time, but worth looking into.

Sure enough, theres some pretty gaping cracks here.

I also took some time to make sure my weather stripping was all still tight. Some had loosened. I blame it on the tiny nails they provide. Anyway, I hammered them back in and caulked everything up. I also noticed some buckling between the weather stripping and the wood, so I caulked that too!

Here is the inside. Again, some pretty big cracks.

So, I made sure and loaded it up with caulk sealing all around the inside door jam.

Also, just thought I'd share. I've had these guys walking through my yard almost every day for a few weeks now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote