View Single Post
Old 04-23-10, 07:28 AM   #16
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Last night I managed to get just a little farther along on the project. I had to turn the skeleton of a wall over to finish nailing it together. Not too bad as this wall section is only ~ 7' long. After that, it was time to move on to the next wall section. Except that there is no room in the garage to build but one section at a time. My plan has always been to store the completed wall sections out on the slab and cover them with a tarp. So, I went around the house gathering up 6 concrete blocks and two 2x6x14 boards that I salvaged off of a 14 wide mobile home I helped tear down a couple of years ago. I wanted to keep the wall sections off the ground, knowing that water on the slab will get under the tarp at some point. Grabbed my hand trucks after that and then dragged the wall out onto the driveway so I could stand it up. My wife and brother-in-law (BIL) steadied it in the upright position while I strapped it to the hand trucks. As a team effort, the three of us rolled it across the yard and put it on my cobbled up wall rack. My day was spent by the time we got it tarped, so I called it a night. The batteries in the camera are dead, but I'm going to get more this afternoon and take a wall picture to post (I hope) on Monday if all goes reasonably well. The weather is not supposed to be good at all Saturday, but I still plan to try and build another section of wall.
gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote