View Single Post
Old 12-30-13, 09:52 PM   #11
RB855
Helper EcoRenovator

I should also note that, I have so much condenser surface area, the liquid leaving temp has a almost 0* delta to water inlet temp. Something on the order of 2 tons capacity, pushing 1/2 a ton of heat lol. Once I correct the charge, Ill recheck my vapor temperature. The last iteration of this system was 150-160*F vapor, but I could be completely mistaken. I recall seeing about 250psi vapor/discharge the other day, which relates to 146*F (at 130*ish water temp). The controller Im using also has a discharge vapor temp sensor that will shut it down if it goes beyond a set variable (Think i have it set to 180*, since thats well above expected conditions). Previously, I had also experimented with water flow rates, with surprising results. I had to dial it all the way back to about 0.4gpm before I started seeing liquid temps more than 5*F Delta. The taco pump Im using now is for sure overkill at the moment, but once I factor in 20-30ft worth of pipe and fitting restrictions, I suspect ill be down in the 1-3gpm range. As for the suggestion of using it as a heat loop, that is a great idea. The unfortunate part, my heater is in a optimal position... right in the middle of all the fixtures. Would need to run 2 loops. And with a setup like this, I would want a dedicated feed or return instead of using the cold line (because then your bleeding hot water to get cold water! lol).

Couple other specs, 80*F Ambient runs about 50-55psi low side. Highside vapor pressure varies a lot by water temp. 80* water is only some 110psi, 115* water is about 150-175, and 130-135* water is about 250*. I will make more accurate notes next time. Total system current never exceeds 3.25amps, comp only pulls about 2.5, well below the LRA 6something its rated for. Lots of overhead. The previous system had an accidental excursion, pushing the water temp all the way to 195*F ! before I found it and turned it off. Wish I could have ampped that lol. Hi-side was around 475psi (200*F), just barely under critical temp (213*F) lol.

Last edited by RB855; 12-30-13 at 09:56 PM..
RB855 is offline   Reply With Quote