View Single Post
Old 08-22-15, 06:25 PM   #1
TechShop
FNG

Default 4-ton GSHP - Hydronic conversion

I'm fairly new to this site, but I've been very impressed with the depth of the knowledge and the level of projects I've seen here so far.

I am at the mid-way point in my project and thought I would share some of it thus far.

In the spring of 2014 I poured a 40' x 62' slab on grade foundation over some XPS-250 foam. The concrete is 6" thick 4000 PSI with fiberglass with one layer of 6" square re-mesh and way too much #4 re-bar. On 12" centers I ran 1/2" O2 barrier PEX tubing for hydronic / radiant floor heating. There are a total of 10 circuits each approximately 225 feet in length, all branching from a single 12 port manifold (2 spare circuit ports).

During the summer I erected a 40' x 62' x 18' steel framed metal building with R13 and R19 Insulation on the concrete slab. Inside the shop, last fall I framed up a 1500 sqft two-level apartment which is just about ready for insulation and drywall.

A few months ago I picked up a pre-owned but never installed Carrier (MFG'd by Climate Master) 4-ton ground source heat pump for a great price. This GSHP is the compressor/condenser side of a split system. It was designed to be used with a fan-coil unit, but I plan to convert it into a hydronic system.

Here are some photos of the shop, I'll start detail the GSHP hydronic conversion in a following post to this thread.

*edit: removed links and uploaded images*

Attached Images

Last edited by TechShop; 09-05-15 at 01:11 AM..
TechShop is offline   Reply With Quote