View Single Post
Old 10-26-09, 07:41 AM   #33
Daox
Administrator

With a good amount of the electrical work done, we moved on to other things I wanted done while we were working on the garage. The first thing was that the man door for the garage was on the front of the garage instead of pointing towards the house. I never understood why it was built this way.

So, we started tearing off the siding to clear an area for the door.

Then I cut the hole for the door, and added sheeting to fill in the gaps where we pulled off that tar impregnated sheeting stuff.

While I was cutting the hole, my father in law took quite a while putting the frame together for the door making sure it was square, putting on the brick molding etc. Then, we were able to slide the door into place, shim it, and screw it into place.

The last thing we took care of on Saturday was the old door. We tore out the frame, added some 2x4s, and put some sheeting over it.

Later in the day, my mother in law started wiring up all the circuits to the service panel in the garage so we could get the lights working too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote