View Single Post
Old 01-28-11, 12:48 PM   #20
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

it's been a while since i have done anything with this project, haven't had much time for it. kids have been keeping me busy... but i have had plenty of time at night to think of a few different ideas... one was what to do with the cutting deck.. i really thought it would be good attach to the frame, but i thought about it and figure it may not be wise.. first i know the kids will be goofing around on it and don't want it to turn on by accident.. although i will have the key to active the deck but why take chances.. second was i want to keep this machine as light as possible for range when not cutting the grass.. so i decided to tow the deck when i need to cut the lawn. so i added some wheels and i will setup the deck with a hitch.. so all i have to do is figure a way to mound the motor to the deck.. so that will be around 150lb. i will tow rather then carry.. the other thing i was thought about was using the pvc boards on the bed.. problem was it weighed around 30lb. so i have a stash of laminated floor and used that for the bed.. weighed a total of 10lb. so i was only a 1/3 of the weight.. it will also be a lot easier to keep clean...so this is what i did yesterday and today.. kind of felt good to finally start working on SCRAP-E again.. here are some pics,,, oh and i went with reflector rather then using lights and sucking juice from the batteries.. i like the way they look.
Attached Images

aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote