View Single Post
Old 10-04-17, 10:56 AM   #93
jimmyaz
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
Glad to hear things are progressing.

The harnesses may be of use. You can use the plugs with a 6 or 8S cell monitor. As seen previously here.

I don't like BMS solutions. I've yet to see one that is both cheap and quality. I like my new harnesses. They tie the cells together making the pack more robust in terms of cell management. I will be adding "active cell balancers" as some of my friends want them.
Hi Creeky,

Thank you for taking the first step so others like me can follow. I am throwing around the idea of getting the Volt or Leaf battery to switch my AGM bank over to Lithium. However it seem it's a lot harder for me to come over a Leaf pack vs a Volt pack. The only issue with the Volt is that we are unable to split the cell to reconfig the pack voltage. Safely charged 12s only give 48-49volts and most standard inverter isn't happy at that voltage. For say my Conext XW+, it can function between 40-60volts. BUT to use the Hybrid function where it uses the grid support mode, you can only set the grid support voltage down to 47volts. Meaning it will stop inverting to support the load if battery voltage drop to 47volts. At 47volts, I think the battery is still at 70-80%?

Also, I am worry about the pack being parralles first, then series, than parallels again, like you mention. 3p12s6p? I have look at your picture, it's unclear of how you had it wired? Did you just wired the two main +,- of each 48volts module in series? But you did not interconnect each individual cells of the 12s together right? Even so your result show no significant amount of imbalance?

Later on you said you got those balance connector that allow you to interconnect all of the balance tab for each 48volts module parallels to each other, so each cells on each 48v battery can balance each other?

Is it like the picture I attached here?

thank you.
Attached Images

jimmyaz is offline   Reply With Quote