View Single Post
Old 09-08-15, 08:55 PM   #5
oil pan 4
Land owner

Getting the box put together.

The transformer is bolted through the box, through the generators frame in 2 places.

The rectifier looks like its sunk down into the box, but its actually sitting on top of a heat sink that extends off the edge of the frame but has a caster support under it.

Now with the battery charging capacitor installed. All wire is 12 gauge, if I have to I will up grade to 10 gauge, I have plenty of TH or TW 10 gauge on spools.
My automotive fuse holder says it is "30 amp" but its only on 12ga wire. I had a heavy duty "40 amp" automotive fuse holder but I used it and can not remember where I bought that big 10 gauge wired fuse holder.

Then I moved where the input power comes into the enclosure. It did go in at the switch.
I also installed a 4 hole gland seal for 10 gauge wires incase I want to add more or bigger wires later and its the closest gland seal I had to fit the bill.

FedEx is just taking their time getting my Morningstar controller to me. They have had it since august 31 and it has only made it to dallas.
I bought two 80 watt solar panels, FedEx has them too, they can take their time getting them to me I don't want them to get smashed.
Attached Images

Last edited by oil pan 4; 09-16-15 at 02:44 PM..
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote