View Single Post
Old 07-14-14, 01:00 PM   #4
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Thank you both for your responses. I only use the internet at work during my break times, thus the delay responding.

ecomodded: You are closely describing the setup I used to have under the house. I had a very low amp draw squirrel cage fan plugged into a lamp timer and ducted it to the outside. It was set to run about 4 hours a day, midday. Of course, the downside was it was rain or shine. Still, it was slightly less humid under the house with that. I looked for a humidistat at Lowes this weekend and came up empty handed. With a humidistat, it might work a bit more effectively.

MN Renovation: You are absolutely correct with Alabama being one of the hot moist states. I suspect the coldest part of the crawl space would be the plastic ground cover. It is what is covered in condensation and worrying me. Any suggestions on a better plan? I am trying to remain open minded as I am quite aware that I am far from knowing everything. I am really trying hard not to go to the expense of sealing the space up and running a dehumidifier under there. If I read about dehumidifiers correctly, they are something of an energy hog.
gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gasstingy For This Useful Post: