View Single Post
Old 11-30-10, 07:15 PM   #5
Daox
Administrator

Tonight I did some of the prep work for having the washer and dryer installed upstairs. This summer we remodeled our bathroom so we could move the machines from the basement up to the first floor. When it was done we moved our washer upstairs with plans to eventually get a stackable washer and dryer. Well, that day has obviously almost come, so I need to get things ready downstairs.

Tonight I did the work for the dryer venting. This is what I had to start with. The blue/red PEX lines on that go off to the left is where the vent comes down and the spot on the right is where the dryer vents.

While I was at it, I checked the damper to see how clogged it was. This picture was taken after some cleaning. I did take some more time and clean it more. However, the flap does not fully close. I am thinking about getting something like this to replace it. If anyone has experience with these please let me know how you like it.

Here is where the dryer vent comes through the floor. Not exactly a ton of room to work with, and this was after moving the electrical and PEX lines out of the way.

With a few of the turnable elbows and a couple straight pieces, I got the vent down into an open area. I'm guessing it would probably be a good thing to tape up the joints?

From there, I used flexible aluminum pipe to get over to the wall. I'm not a big fan of this stuff, but the path would be really annoying to do with rigid pipe. If anyone has suggestions as to what might be better I'm all ears.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote