View Single Post
Old 10-06-08, 03:23 PM   #7
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Where did you get your LED spotlights in the bath? How many lumens are they rated for?
Bought in local store. The LED are xanlite. See ref. ALE21 in this French PDF.

About lumens, there was no more data on the package than in this PDF. My eyes say these LED are equivalent to a classic 6w bulb, but the light is directional so it's more intense in the pencil of rays.

Quote:
I have about seven par20 lights (currently 50w halogen) in my Kitchen and would love to replace them with something efficient. However, they are on a dimmer, and I can't find any CFLs in par20 that are dimmable. Are most LEDs dimmable? I'm thinking they probably aren't.
In France if the bulb, CFL, LED... isn't dimmable then a symbol must be present on the package. I don't remember having seen this symbol on the LED's package, but I may be wrong... I don't have any dim to test a LED.

After a quick search on Internet, and if I understand correctly, LED are dimmable but doesn't reply linearly to the dimmer.

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote