View Single Post
Old 01-08-15, 09:23 AM   #10
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Already found some holes in my insulation and the fact that my circuit-breaker box is ridiculously cold! It was at 32 degrees - IN MY KITCHEN!

Here's some more fun photos for you.

My circuit breaker box, next to my kitchen door.

Some thermal stratification in my hallway. Warm air really does rise! The bright spot near the top is NOT a light. It is an always-on smoke detector that runs on hard-wired 120VAC power.

My wood stove running. It's interesting that even with the heat of the fire, you can still see the wall studs in the photo. I think that the wood stove may heat the surface of the wall, but not the studs, so it actually exaggerates the delta-T, allowing the camera to see the hot wood stove and the cold studs at the same time.

My morning coffee. A typical ceramic cup on the left, and my stainless steel insulated travel mug (without the lid) on the right.

Here's the inside of my refrigerator. Note that there's no heat signature from the fridge light bulbs, because I swapped them out for LED.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bennelson; 01-08-15 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: added more images.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Daox (01-08-15), virginiajim (01-15-15)