View Single Post
Old 03-30-12, 08:38 PM   #5
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student 07 View Post
...This is the first time I have heard it is offered in Oregon, good news, thanks AC.
Contact the Oregon Energy Trust {1(866) 368-7878}, they seem to have loads of good info.

In talking to them, it seems that Oregon is set up to only certify new construction. When I spoke briefly of what I am doing, he asked if I had made any substantial modifications to the structure. When I said no, that I had avoided any changes to the structure, he said that the Oregon Energy Performance Score system would not apply to me. But when I went into details, and described going down to the studs and filling the walls with air-tight layers of rigid foam sheets, he said that it seemed that I fell somewhere between their customary categories. When I told him that I was trying to follow Passive House Practices, he really started to get interested and paid close attention.

He sent me a blizzard of documents detailing interesting incentives, guidelines, and standards.

In deed there is a gulf between what average home owners might do to improve energy efficiency, and what is common practice here on ER.

Well folks, it looks like we might be breaking new ground. ER might as well be 'Energy Revolutionary'.

Viva ER!

-AC