View Single Post
Old 07-17-12, 01:01 PM   #5
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

We ended up ordering a Bosch through Sears.
It's a Bosch Ascenta Model# SHX3AR72UC

Looking at the specs on the various models, they all basically have the same motors, filters, and other components. It seems like much of the variation on water use depends on the wash cycle used, but in general, the machine clocks in at 2.95 gallons per wash.

We ordered the one-notch up from entry level, as that had a few features on it (delay, couple extra wash cycles, etc) that the least expensive option didn't.)

Some of the higher levels are a little quieter and use a little less water, but the cost goes up quickly, and it's diminishing returns.

The other thing that I noticed is the Bosch has a really nice, simple filter system to it. It looks almost like a stainless steel mesh oil filter, which just drops right in to the bottom of the machine. Very easy to just reach and, pull out, dump, rinse, and pop back in.

To do essentially the same thing on my current washer requires 45 minutes, a cordless screw-driver, and three different sizes of torx bits!

The only model of Bosch dishwasher that I saw that looked like a real jump in terms of "performance" - in this case, water conservation, but it used less electricity too, was the ADA-approved model. This is the American's with Disabilities Act version. It's designed to fit under lower than stock counters (low counters for people in wheelchairs) It only uses 2 gallons of water (but has a slightly smaller interior as well) and has all the bells and whistles. It's also only available in stainless steel, rather expensive, and I don't have the handicapped-height counters anyways!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote