View Single Post
Old 10-20-11, 10:31 PM   #15
Daox
Administrator

Heres an update on the project. I started last weekend actually busting up the platform. I didn't get too far working on my own.

When we started today this is just about what we had. We started by cutting the concrete platform and cutting a trough where we will run the drain tiles.

We went and rented an electric hammer to break up the concrete.

We only had it for four hours, but we were also able to make a hole in the wall for the solar piping.

Next up was digging out the trenches. This was tons of fun because it was mostly clay.

Now it was finally time to lay down some rock and the drain tile.

Of course we ran into a wonderful snag. This is the floor drain plumbing. We're plumbing the drain tile into it. We were puzzled why it had a trap in it... It was completely plugged up full of gravel, so out it came. We ended up having to cut into the clay pipe it was attached to and we'll put in a new PVC floor drain and also run the drain tile to it.

So, this is the setup now. As you can see, we decided just to put the drain tile in the problem areas. This made things a TON easier, and it was still a lot of work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
edglazer (11-08-11)