Thread: Ben's Garage
View Single Post
Old 05-28-17, 08:17 PM   #138
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

I worked on some electrical boxes today.

Electric Boxes for Solar Roof (Blog Post Link)

I tried more or less following the suggestions of some of the folks in this thread.

Also, at the end of this last week, I was able to attend some solar training sponsored by Iron Ridge and Enphase. That was PERFECT, as those were the two main products I am using for my project!

I asked the Enphase guy about the bracket I've seen in the Enphase materials for mounting the junction box. His response was that they used to make those, but stopped, because everyone always just screwed junction boxes right to the racking. So, looks like that's what I'll be doing too.

I need the electrician to come out and make sure that everything is to code and finish the final electrical. This will be an inspected system and required the master electrician's number on the electrical permit. So, of course the electrician will want to make sure it's done right, as do I.

I'm also hoping to get the roofer out soon. He knows all about mounting things to the metal roofing and has a nice lift for us to use to get the panels to the roof. The roof is just too steep and slippery to simply walk around on carrying panels.

I'm still not quite sure of the best way to get the conduit around the edge of the roof and have it look nice. I'm hoping the electrician can give me a hand with that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Daox (05-30-17), jeff5may (05-29-17)