View Single Post
Old 02-18-09, 05:07 PM   #1
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Default Real time consumption

As said in a couple messages, I ordered an assembly to get my real time consumption from the electricity meter.

I moved the spare laptop, plugged a wifi USB key, recompiled the kernel to get the wifi driver, plugged the assembly, recompiled the kernel to get the serial USB driver, wrote a couple rrdtool scripts, waited a couple days and obtained this

More information this week-end.

Tomorrow evening I should plug the assembly on the production meter and measure the PV production Friday as it should be a sunny day If it works then I'll order a second assembly to have both meters recorded in real time

As the protocol is full of French words or keywords based upon French words, this shouldn't work on US meters...

Denis.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...

Last edited by groar; 02-19-09 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: uploaded picture on non ssl web server and added another one
groar is offline   Reply With Quote