View Single Post
Old 08-17-10, 01:53 AM   #55
osolemio
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
I'm mostly concerned about humidity/condensation issues.

I want to keep the insides of the inverter from rusting and having other trouble.
Very interesting project! Thank you for sharing.

See my recent new thread about humidity. There is a link to some new technology, which hardly uses any energy to dehumidify air. It was thought of as a drinking water generator for remote dry areas, or other areas where drinking water is scarce, but since it takes the water from the air, it is actually a dehumidifier. It is not using cooling to extract the moisture from the air, but a process involving a special liquid and a vacuum container. Brilliant!

I can see you did get a battery charger. I am doing a solar heat/PV system myself, using a new type of hybrid panels from Solarus:: Unlocking solar energy :: Home (En) (see the English version, and click hybrid under products). Producing 3.8 kW peak, I will be grid connected, and I already have an inverter.

BUT, I will also add in a DC-DC battery charger, and I found a great series of chargers that will take either AC or DC, up to 500V DC on some models I think. This one takes up to 350 V DC: Blue Power Charger IP 65 / IP 20 - Victron Energy

I am installing some 12V LED lights, and I also intend to make USB and Macbook plugs, to be used straight off the DC (via batteries). Also, essential parts of the solar heat system, internet, router and so on, will most likely be mounted on a UPS like bus, on the battery pack via an inverter. In case of blackout, the inverter will kick in and relays will switch the grid OFF (because it is gone anyway), and the inverter on. Even though the solar panels can take an overheat situation well, it is better for the longevity of the system to stay cool at all times.

Last edited by osolemio; 08-17-10 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: Typo
osolemio is offline   Reply With Quote