View Single Post
Old 10-22-16, 05:11 PM   #61
Roostre
EcoLearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
With hydraulic fracturing and the constant threat of useful idiots ramming a fracking ban through, the fracking for gas and US gas reserves will continue to increase even when it makes no economic sense to continue fracking in the short term.
The price of natural gas is going to remain low for the forseeable future.
I'm on the other side of that bet I guess. Historically low gas prices can't/won't go on forever. Once the nail is driven through coal's head there is no reason gas won't get more expensive. Most of the new generating capacity coming online is gas. Old plants are being shut down daily because they cannot pass emissions requirements that were cleverly written to ensure that only natural gas can pass the tests.

Fracking has become a political football and when the next round of anti-fracking laws go into effect it may kick off a new round of energy price inflation. Power companies will have to pass on the higher costs to their customers. As gas goes, so goes electric... my opinion is that the general pressure will be up, even as renewables help to lighten daytime loads.

Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roostre For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (10-22-16)