View Single Post
Old 07-08-17, 02:17 PM   #28
buffalobillpatrick
Master EcoRenovator

1st pic is above rear of house looking East, the front door in middle is 8' high, the windows on either side are 7' x 5', the sliding door on the right (South) is 8' x 8',

the rear (West) bedroom window is 4' x 4' egress,

the front (East) 40% 12'-8" wall is on a 32" step down footer, as this dirt (haha) is decomposed granite (small rocks) and dry, this is all I had to go down by IRC code, the space inside the wall gets 7-8” thick type 2 EPS

2nd pic shows the 27' retaining wall 10' tall with a buttress on back side (dead man), on front (East) side will be parking & BBQ area by slider.

3rd pic shows the North wall buttress, required by my Structural Engineer due to 48' wall length & 8' of back fill.

4th pic shows the front (East) gable end (bedroom) with a 6' x 6'-8" sliding glass door opening out to a 12' x 20' balcony/carport.

The lovely purple color is what I got when adding dye to the Styro TuffII, not what I was shooting for, so I call it a base coat.

5th pic shows the rear (West) gable end during assembly, has a 4' x 4' slider for a 2nd upstairs bedroom egress.

Last edited by buffalobillpatrick; 11-05-17 at 09:32 AM..
buffalobillpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote