View Single Post
Old 08-20-14, 03:39 PM   #7
thenewblack
Lurking Renovator

Okay thanks! Those prices are very doable. We have a cleaning business and I have lots of 36v and 24 chargers already so going with the lead would probably save me from buying another one. I use the buffer 2 or 3 times a week. Generally spending a total time of 2-2 1/2 hours running the machine. Its not continuous use though. I spend maybe 20-35 minutes running it at a time in each store.

I guess I had a vision of just using RV/Marine batteries, but a pack with a easy connect would be really nice. I probably do have some extra 12v lead batteries I could use initially while I was getting everything with the motor squared away. We use that type of battery in floor scrubbers.

So if I got that motor, what other components would I need to make this safe and functional? I'm just trying to get a parts list together. I may actually have a lot of what I need. We have tons of junk floor scrubbers that are all on 36v. They have motors on them as well but I believe they are relatively low rpm (in the 300's). They also have speed controllers and on/off switches. I could take some pics of the electronics on them and post them for more intelligent eyes to inspect
thenewblack is offline   Reply With Quote