View Single Post
Old 02-26-16, 11:04 AM   #608
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My new pump is installed and working. I have one stubborn fitting that is dripping. It did not drip until under pressure. I installed my new pressure gauge.
Today is a perfect day to try it out it is very sunny today.

I just checked my new pump uses 30 watts and the fan is using 108 watts. So the total is 138 watts.
I checked and it had raised my fish tank 4 degrees already today. I think I am going to get very good heat for the power used. I will still have extra solar for the year so I can run this for no extra cost.
This is exciting to be able to control the fish water either cooling or heating it.
The fish do not eat well in cooler water therefore the plants will not do as good. The fish will not get to eating stage as fast. The plants also like warmer water on their roots.
I guess that is why this looks so promising.
The green house should stay warmer over cold nights it did last night.

Does anyone know what pressure I should shoot for in my closed loop system?

It was very sunny ¾ way down the fish tank I take temp. it started the day 62.5 I ran the heat exchanger from about 11 to 5 and the fish water went to 69.5 wow it increased 7 degrees. Keep in mind that some of the temperature increase is from the rock. But I have not had the total temperature that high sense last summer.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 02-26-16 at 05:41 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote