View Single Post
Old 10-16-15, 09:14 AM   #60
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMPHIS91 View Post
Jeff, Sorry I totally forgot to say that after your suggestions about not using the R600 I decided not to. I mentioned it in a previous post to say that the pressures were about the same as R290.
So am I understanding this right? I need a higher suction pressure? I think that is the only way to get more flow/capacity. So I may open up my cap tube some and charge with a higher pressure gas. In which case I only have 2 options. R152A or R134A
Both of these gases have lower vapor pressures than propane. To pull lots of heat from the ground, either one would need less than 25 psi gauge pressure. For pure propane, you are probably a little overcharged already. For higher vapor pressures you need to go the other way, towards methane, ethane, ether and the like.

If you are trying to force feed your compressor more pressure to make it act like r410 you have your work cut out for you. In fact, there are no real substitutes for r410. It was engineering and management racking up hours of work that came up with the stuff in the first place. The closer gases to it in behavior will not run at the high pressures and burn things up if you force them to.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
MEMPHIS91 (10-16-15), stevehull (10-16-15)