View Single Post
Old 10-15-15, 05:19 PM   #56
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Just to go over exactly what kept this system from working perfectly as designed the first time was bad brazing on my part (again). This is the joint that was the issue (the one at the end of the white sucker stick ((this suckers are awesome! Yummy Earth, Organic Pops, Assorted Flavors, 50+ Pops, 12.3 oz (349 g) - iHerb.com))).

This is the old one.

I got the joint and tubing to hot and it pulled the braze into the tubing. Solution was to make the joint longer and shove the tubing deeper into the joint and hit it with quick heat, braze, and stop to let the joint cool between brazing each end.

I had the psi at 40 suction and 245 discharge this morning and it was heating well but I still was not getting my suction temp anything lower than 70F. I know this is ok but I would like to see it drop a lot to know I am really sucking the heat out of the ground.
So I was going to add more charge to increase latent heat but I should have waited til it was colder, it got up to 85F today and my system showed it.
Needless to say I can't fill any R290 or R600 when both at at 50 psi at room temp. I though about adding some R152A because its at 75psi at room temp. But I'll do more testing tonight and the next few days as it gets cooler.

Jeff, I can see NO liquid in the sight glass or anything crazy happen when I swap from air to fish tank condenser.

Only concern I have is that when I started it up this afternoon, TONS of liquid was flowing through the sight glass (it is right before the accumulator) for about 20 seconds. Is this normal? I can not think of why it would? Could it all be settling at the bottom?

Anyway, system WORKS as is. I'm still waiting on a built in amp/watt/volt meter to get here. As of this morning it was showing 3.5AMPS and discharge temp was 176F.
Attached Images

MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote