View Single Post
Old 06-02-16, 06:33 PM   #489
bdgWesternMass
Lurking Renovator

Thank you all for the past 49 pages of HRV/ERV info. I can't believe I read every post.

Here is what I'm planning for my office and I have a few questions I would love to get some feedback on.

My office is a 2 story garage that is 60 feet by 24 feet. The second story is unconditioned space and the first floor has 5" of blown cellulose wood cladding on the inside and outside and finally wrapped in galvanized siding inside and out. I don't consider it a tight building but I'm considering this project to vent my bathroom, kitchenette and a small shop and bring in fresh air.

I have plenty of space in the rafters so I leaning to a concentric tube system. The fresh air tube we start at one end of the building travel the 60 feet make a U-turn travel another 60 feet to exhaust. I think I would put the slope towards the exhaust side with and actually drain into the buildings stack.

I'm making it 120 feet believing that more surface area is better. This will also provide the opportunity to collect stale air from both ends of the building while still providing contact to transfer heat.

I would like to deal with humidity using an ERV which I believe is a spinning membrane between the fresh and stale air that exchanges moisture.

Finally I'm aware that I will need to have a negative inside air pressure to prevent moisture from getting into my structure. The question I have is it possible that the negative pressure mechanical produced by ERV/HRV could still be greater then the negative pressure of just a drafty house?

Once again thanks for this site and all it's participants.
bdgWesternMass is offline   Reply With Quote