View Single Post
Old 11-27-12, 12:24 AM   #1347
BradC
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
This is really great information. I hope that Vlad and Brad_C are checking this out!
I've been keeping a very irregular eye on things, but it's been a manic winter. Have 10 days away coming up to catch up on what you guys have been upto over (my) winter.

I started back on my system a week or so ago. Water loop is finished and running, I'm just chasing my tail with what could be a tiny vac leak on my system, or a leak in my couplers or vac gauge. I'm losing about 400 microns an hour. Once I get that nailed I'll gas 'er up and wait to see what happens.

I need to dig a bigger injection bore. I'm getting 5-10 psi (oddly enough it varies slowly over the day!) back pressure on the water loop, but I should still be flowing ~30 L/min which is plenty for this system (I have a fleabay hall-effect flow meter on the way). I flow the same amount of water, but at 100W less pump power if I can drop that back pressure below 2psi.

It's amazing when you put the tools down for 6 months how much you lose. Took me a couple of goes to get my bends and brazing back up to scratch.

Randen, that valve hack is a work of art. Really beautiful.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote