View Single Post
Old 06-14-11, 10:49 AM   #15
Travis
Helper EcoRenovator

I purchased that same inverter, and it has been working okay. It supplies it's rated 8.5 amps steadily, but I'm wondering about it's modified wave. I can take a house fan from 110VAC to the Black and Decker, and the fan will run noticeably slower on 'inverted' AC. The fan also 'hums' while running on the B&D. I once tried to run a portable air conditioner on it just to see what would happen, and it supplied Current up to 10.5 Amps continuously. Above that and it went into shutdown. One feature that has never worked is the display. Running my fan at 5 Amps, along with a 1 Amp light and radio, does not show any power usage on the meter. Clearly the unit is functioning, but the display isn't. Again, I wonder about the quality of the modified wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhale View Post
Its this one 2000 Watt Power Inverter. Other than the fans I've had no problems with it. I think it is designed for temporary use were on off is the only controls you need. Like a remote work site.

I bought this one to put on my truck. Black & Decker 1,000-Watt D/C to A/C Power Inverter VEC049DCB ved=0CHsQ8wIwBQ&biw=1014&bih=469# To use it for emergencies. Its a on off to. Going to try it on the solar batteries. Do plan to get a proper inverter later.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote