View Single Post
Old 01-16-11, 12:18 PM   #10
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

Early readings are in and regular hotwater usage has started for the day so we'll need to wait until tomorrow morning for more numbers.

The previous night the hotwater heater kicked on after the first standby 2 hours 30 minutes later, 2 hours 50 minutes later, 2 hours 50 minutes later, 3 hours later

Last night it kicked on after the first standby 2 hours 50 minutes, 3 hours 10 minutes, 3 hours 10 minutes. The room was 1 degree cooler at any given time then the night before. I added the wrap after the first standby so during that 2 hours 50 minutes.

Tonight will be a much better indication since hot water use in the house usually ends by 9:00 at the latest. I'll post graphs after midnight or tomorrow morning.

One observation though - the cold water inlet pipe has no heat trap and is much hotter feeling then it was before I covered the top with insulation...

<edit> for logging sake the tank was almost completely wrapped at 12:30. I can't quite get a small 1" gap on the bottom foot or so covered. otherwise it's pretty good </edit>

Last edited by strider3700; 01-16-11 at 02:38 PM..
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote