View Single Post
Old 01-07-16, 11:27 AM   #18
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Steve,
Don't make me lie to you, I don't really know how long the catch-all style filters will last processing BBQ gas. I would hope a small one would last through a standard grill cylinder or two. I do know that they do pass a detectable amount of "stink" on a single pass, using the sniffer God gave me.

Fordguy,
I have a question.

In your 4 conditions, does basement equal house? Or are you going to have 2 heat exchanger indoors? If you will have only 1 indoor hx, you could run a desuperheater to get hot water during both heating and cooling modes.

That would be great if you could find someone to help with programming the arduino. The main hurdle we are facing in that thread is getting stuff to fit on (or in) the uno stamp. Most of the basic or generic setups presented are not very flexible or robust. The advanced programmers have been moving their projects to other hardware once they run out of something (pins, memory, comm ports, etc.) on the Uno stamp. The most common switch being the Mega.

Many of these alternate machines have been well-documented in their own threads. Given a much larger space to fill, the experts have created exquisite modular applications that are broken down into custom functional blocks that accomplish tasks of a wide variety. There are bits and pieces of good code scattered here, there, and everywhere that could be compacted and sorted out to play with each other on the uno. Neither AC or I are seasoned software developers, so integrating the functionality into the software is difficult to say the least. Neither one of us has made much progress lately. We have both built similar experimental rigs that have some functionality, but both rigs still need improvement. Finding someone able and willing to help would be super awesome!

Last edited by jeff5may; 01-07-16 at 04:57 PM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote