View Single Post
Old 12-12-14, 02:19 PM   #13
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
The condenser is off I am having reservation with using the dehumifier for the project as the dehumidifier is working fine and I don't want to kill it , in the DIY heat pump.
I now want to use a more suitable compressor from a salvaged unit such as free or 10 - $20 bucks. I payed $150 for the dehumidifier I think I will keep it as is and working I do use it on occasion.

So the Plan is to find a larger Compressor to use , one thats a better match to the cars condenser size which is large 20x30 inches which is large when compared to the dehumidifiers current 10x12" condenser.

Bare with me on this one , I am absolutely Slow at completing my projects, currently I have 3 projects sharing my time and funds with although I tend to get one done at a time I often start 3 or 4 projects to keep the boredom away.
First off, you can't compare condenser capacity by external dimensions. There are just too many factors to mention. Also, keep in mind that the designers expected the car condenser to be in a 60 mph wind, which is very hard to duplicate with a small electric fan.

I've lost track of what you even want to build, but this time of year, you should be able to find an abundance of air conditioners of all sizes for very little money. They come with matching compressors, metering devices, and heat exchangers... all just begging to be hacked.

-AC

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 12-12-14 at 02:35 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote