View Single Post
Old 12-16-16, 09:09 AM   #263
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

It was cold last night below 30F when I went to bed I went out in the living room and it was hot.
My wife fell asleep and the mini splits both were set to 78F. I turned them down to 74F and we went to bed.

All our min splits are working great. They don’t use near as much power as we use to in the summer cooling our house. We keep our house much cooler than we use to and still don’t use as much power.

This allows us to push or bank more power to use in the winter to heat with. We charge our car at least twice a day in the winter so that is 24Kwh just to charge our car then we use power in our house.

We have 3,429 KWH banked to heat with this winter.

It is just amazing to exclusively use solar power to cool and heat our home.
We are very happy with the decision to install mini splits. I and glad to see more people taking on DIY mini split installs and saving money.

We feel very blessed to cover all our power needs with solar power and all our heating and cooling needs with our mini splits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
ctgottapee (12-17-16), jeff5may (12-16-16)