View Single Post
Old 09-10-12, 02:28 PM   #1305
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachai View Post
It seems to me that this should be easier in some ways than a "unibody" air conditioner...it's more like a "maxi-split."
Because the units are separate, there may be more room to work with it. I have friends who are licensed who may help. One of them helped me with a plan for ductwork.

My only small worry is short cycling as it might be a bit big. The SF of the facility is similar to my house, but their planned load was about 100 people, mine is about 5. (Note, I have not seen the unit yet :-). (They also have 2-3 older 220V wall units. :-)
This is pretty off-topic for the Homemade Heat Pump thread... you'd do better to start another thread.

And somewhere near the start of that thread you should bring up the issue of Air Conditioning Heat Load calculation.

A central air system is a big piece of equipment and uses big energy, so even if your system hardware is free, you could end up with a big mess on your hands.

Start your new thread and your new project with calculations... it's much easier to erase numbers than to remove and dispose of improperly sized hardware.

Best,

-AC_Hacker