View Single Post
Old 07-01-12, 06:04 PM   #22
berniebenz
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Another A7 AirTap install

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-F View Post
I like this idea because you can disconnect the heat pump in the winter.
Thanks Xringer for posting all your wild and meandering thoughts about this unit.

Got mine several days ago and am planning to install it on my 45 gal condensing propane fired WH. This WH, an early Heat Transfer Products 90K BTU/hr input “Voyager“ with internal HX for in floor hydronic heating, has been in DHW and In floor radiant service 17 years now. A most reliable WH excepting the HSI, now converted to spark ign.

This WH has no taps on the top so I plan to sit the A7 on isolation foam directly on the flat top of the WH. No use for their brackets. The condenser tubing will enter the WH thru the T&P side port with the T&P moved to the side port of the A7 adaptor fitting. My concern is inserting this A7 tubing bundle into the WH without getting it hung up on the combustion chamber and all the HX tubing already in there. <http://www.htproducts.com/literature/lp-41i.pdf> A trial and error job.

The WH and 2 zone in floor system is on /in the back wall of a large attached 2 car garage, 35’x35’x10’ (with little used in floor heat). The plan is to use the A7 for about 9 months of the year, reverting back to propane for the sub 32F period here in N. Nevada at 4700’. Maybe with an outside thermostat and
house calling for heat, yet to be worked out.

More later. Keep up the good work, guys!

Last edited by berniebenz; 07-03-12 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: Wrong service age of WH.
berniebenz is offline   Reply With Quote