View Single Post
Old 02-26-15, 03:11 PM   #518
Drake
DIY Guy

Nice product, now if it could come with a self contained boiler my wife finally be able to be happy in MN in the winter. As for keeping my cool I have a retreat called an "ice fishing" house that sits on up to 3' of frozen lake which I plan to spend a lot more of my MN wintertime in once I get this build done. Also like my unheated basement shop as well. Seriously because I am incorporating so much passive solar potential and want to control to make use of off peak elec rates I will have a strip or two of standard elec baseboard for quick demand supplemental heat if in working to control to the minimum hydronic heat input leaves me on the cold side. Part of the maximizing of the energy of our homes is a comparable lifestyle and interaction with the structure. Low tech takes more interaction(another log in the fire or manual thermal blinds on windows) or hi tech for automation, to each there own. I must be getting old because more and more I'm wishing for the good 'old tech things that worked long enough to at least pay for them.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote