View Single Post
Old 12-27-16, 10:30 AM   #764
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I now have natural gas to my tankless water heater in my greenhouse. My circulation pump does not put enough pressure to turn on my tankless heater. the small Greenhouse tankless requires 40 psi static and 20 psi running. This same pump turns on my tankless in my house with no issues at all.
The new small tankless heaters will turn on with low pressure but not the one I bought last year.

I have a DC pump I was able to test with it and in 10 min I can raise the fish tank 1.5 degrees this is with the tankless set on its lowest NG flow. So I was pleased with this.
I did some research and two other people that made this setup work used Grundfos 3 speed circulator pump with an air separator.
So I have the pump flanges and air separator with reducers from ¾ NTP to PEX on order.

This pump has a 3 year warranty so that is good.

One of the other people that used this setup use two controllers just in case one failed it would not boil the fish I might do that later.

During the test the SS coil in the FT was doing a great job exchanging heat in this closed loop setup.
I was not sure I had enough water volume but so far it looks fine.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote