View Single Post
Old 08-16-17, 12:35 AM   #15
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Just an update on my cryptocurrency mining - I broke a personal record for profit from one device. My old Kindle Fire managed to mine $100 of coins last month and $75 so far this month. The difficulty level is creeping up like it almost always does. The coin it's mining has somehow managed to survive a number of issues, but it seems like it could crash at any time. (A lot of coiners apparently thought the coin was going to crash and panic sold all they had, causing a backlog of transactions that then caused one of the pools to "temporarily" disable the daily mining limit per IP. Hence the "gold rush"!)

Meanwhile, my cluster of three Moto Es and a ZTE Speed has went down to $30-35/month thanks to the difficulty increasing. And my little ASIC board (Jameson Hasher, RK3288CX ASIC) went down to $5/month. All of those are still worth running, so they'll stay running.

As for the Avalon 4.1, it turns out to be a collectible since it was the first Avalon 4.1 sold to a medical student (not my friend, one of her friends who sold it to her, then my friend sold it to me). It's currently making about $40/month of Bitcoin, but unlike most altcoins, Bitcoin is actually worth holding on to. Without accounting for the Bitcoin price rising, break even happened about a week ago, but actual break even happened well before that.