View Single Post
Old 09-20-11, 10:27 AM   #950
benpope
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Ben,

Why don't you give it a try?

I did write to them several years ago and requested a downloadable version. At the time they said that something like that was in the works.

Of course that was several trillion dollars in military spending ago, so chances are that's not gonna happen.

Death & destruction must come first.

-AC_Hacker
Hi AC-

I emailed the developer at ORNL and told him that we were interested in modifying his software for GSHP. They have GSHP software but it isn't publicly available. He says that they do make the ASHP software available to researchers, but we would have to modify the code for our purposes (something that I am unqualified to do). If one of you is up to that task, I can get his contact information for you.

However, he did point me to the company that helped them develop the modeling software, Emerson Technologies. Their software models both air and water source heat pumps mostly for commercial applications. Here is a link to the software page: System Design Simulator.

They have a free trial, so call and tell them that you are a hobbyist and interested in their software. You can call them at 937-493-2747 (Select Option 2).

Last edited by benpope; 09-20-11 at 10:44 AM..
benpope is offline   Reply With Quote