View Single Post
Old 09-07-19, 07:13 AM   #18
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

The Renvu's of the world tend to sell at a higher cost per watt.
Cheaper is to find deals locally. Most areas have a guy or six making some extra money by selling solar panels and equipment. Usually there are local companies making a living selling solar equipment. A local dealer will supply both a better price and better advice.
For instance. Those 100w mono from Renvu for $115usd mentioned. You are much better off buying larger panels at 300w or up. I'm "one of those guys" and I sell 305w for under $200 canadian dollars. Really, if you're paying more than 65 cents a watt for A class panels you're paying too much. I have panels from .53 cad right now (B grade, 285 mono).

I like Canadian Solar. A customer put in a 9 panel array for his cottage (I do off grid systems only) and he's pulling 344w off of the 305s. I like it when customers are happy.

Silfab is also an excellent brand, scoring in the highest watts/$ in industry polls.

In Canada we look at 2.50/w installed on grid tie. I think in the US its around $2?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote