View Single Post
Old 02-25-18, 12:29 PM   #96
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default Working Toward Off Grid

As my friend Lynn sent me an E-mail on his tests of the 20kw inverter:

Tada!!! Is all he typed. He likes to put little teasers out to me. Normally he sends a long list of information such as changing traces on boards and signals not present, semi-conductors failing, shorts etc.

So a "Tada" is very appreciated and a phone call is normally made right away. My friend Lynn is a electronic guru. One of those self taught guys with a wealth of knowledge. Me, I'm a basic knowledge guy but technically "I'm learning fast" trying to keep up.

Back to the inverter. This is very exciting!!! 20 kw and capable of double driven from a 360VDC nominal lithium pack. The inverter doesn't exist on the market (for a reasonable sum)

Now the full assembly has not been made yet but most of the pieces are here and preliminary tests are quite reliably positive. The next week or so will be the assembly of the inverter into an enclosure and high power high current testing. We will follow this with a site approval by the proper authorities on the equipment and installation. For my and families well being and the ability to be insurable.

I prefer to be the proof is in the achievement type guy. Id rather have, hot water flowing from my solar collector or Heat out of my heat-pump or in this case current flowing from an DIY inverter before making any claims.

In the photos (if someone could enlarge please) a pair of IGBT boards coupled with some beefy copper buss bars. "think 100A at 240VAC" or "50A at 390V"
Main logic board with sense board.
Battery disconnect "Rated" with Large filter caps meter and contactor.
One Chevy Volt battery pack 17 kwh in a fire proof pit in the garage.

Randen
Attached Images

randen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to randen For This Useful Post:
creeky (03-10-18)