View Single Post
Old 10-14-12, 05:27 PM   #7
S-F
You Ain't Me

Also.... you need to run the foam can all the way down before removing it and when unscrewing it you keep the trigger depressed, or else foam will puff out the inlet and when you mash a new can on it can get glued on. If you follow these simple procedures you won't need to clean the gun too often. You can store the gun with a foam can on but (so I have been told) unless it's stored can up it can loose pressure if left for extended periods of time. I have never witnessed this but then again I never go for more than a week or so before finishing a can. If you blow foam cleaner through it you can store it with no can on but it must be squeaky clean. Also don't be afraid to scrape the foam off the tip of the nozzle with a utility knife. If you don't it won't dispense properly. Foam cleaner is acetone and evaporates quickly. You can clean it off hands, furniture and the like, but only if it's still went. Once it's cured the only way to remove it is mechanically.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote