View Single Post
Old 01-04-16, 05:13 PM   #7
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I bought my Robinair manifold used a long time ago. Nothing has been changed or repaired on it except the hoses. When the original hoses failed, they got replaced. I still have the original low side (blue) hose left. the other two have been replaced with the no-spew yellow jacket hoses with a ball valve at the depressor end.

New ones don't look much different:

part no. 40153

The new YJ hoses I bought:

Part No. 29985

I have used some of the newer sets as well. The loaner ones from the advance zone are toys in comparison, and use 5/16 hoses with aluminum adapters. Not the same quality. The yellow jacket stuff is awesome, but I still like the brass manifolds better than the aluminum. The flutterless gauges are better than what I have, more like the old Union Carbide gauges on my oxy-fuel torch rig. They would be my first choice if I was going to buy a new manifold set.

Yellowjacket high pressure set:
https://www.hvacpw.com/yellow-jacket...04a-r410a.html
part no. 42201

I had a Supco micron gauge for a long time, it came up missing this summer. Looked like a drag strip light tree:

Part No. VG-60

You can spend a lot, lot more on this stuff if you so desire. It all depends on what kind of flashy gadgets you like. I got most of my initial hands-on training in the military, using ugly, obsolete equipment that held up to punishment like an anvil. Everything I have used since then has been more delicate, but not always better looking. The Navy taught me it is better to know how to use the ancient tools the hard way than to rely on a new, semi-automatic gadget. Cuz rain and gravity and dead batteries sucks. Your mileage may vary.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote