View Single Post
Old 08-08-14, 08:40 PM   #10
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff88 View Post
Does anybody have an idea of how to put a wall/barrier/skirt around the bottom exterior of the floor frame?

I want to keep the critters out, but the chicken wire idea I had isn't going to work. Since there is no support to keep the bottom of the chicken wire down, a lil friend can just crawl underneath it.

I've considered using the lattice that they put on top of fences, but not so sure that will work.

Any ideas?
What do you plan on sheathing the shed with? If you're planning on using siding or corrugated metal, you can run it all the way to the ground. If you want it to look snazzy, get some base channel and screw it to your concrete piers with tapcons. Or you could screw it to the slab. Trailer skirting or underpinning goes on the same way. Wood siding will need extra purlins to hold nails.

Lattice or hardware cloth works the same way: run some angle or channel between piers at ground level ( 1 x 1 x 3/16 aluminum or steel), corner out and down. notch at piers, screw to piers. Either fasten the lath to the outside of the metal or sandwich it in between the metal and your piers. Each way has its own distinct look, you might want to mock up a few feet each way and see what looks better to you before you build the whole thing. Definitely worth a couple extra minues to consider, cuz it's the little details that make your stuff pop (or look like crap).

Last edited by jeff5may; 08-08-14 at 09:00 PM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
jeff88 (08-08-14)