View Single Post
Old 12-09-10, 07:04 PM   #399
pick1e
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
The test and the graph produced by the test was meant as a first-pass test-of-concept. For that reason alone I'm not inclined to de-construct the entire methodology.

> ...how you were calculating your CoP...

COP is energy out divided by energy in.
You will need to capture the amount of energy going into your system.

You will also need to capture the amount of energy coming out of your system.

...then divide the latter by the former.
If you want specific assistance in setting up your own test, please tell me exactly what you need to know in order to proceed, and I'll try to assist.

I wish you the best in your own project, don't forget the photographs.

-AC_Hacker
Please don't be so defensive, I'm simply being curious.

I would be neat to use your test results as a baseline comparison for my setup when I get there. But it's impossible to compare when I don't know what exactly you were testing. Looking at some dots on a graph doesn't tell me a lot if I don't know what it represents.

I understand that "heat" and "chill" were temperature measurements of the two barrels. I have only guessed that "LS temp" and "HS temp" were readings at the heat exchangers, "HS press" and "LS press" were refrigerant pressures at the heat exchangers, and "super heat" and "sub cool" were measurements of the water leaving the exchangers but before mixing with the barrel water.

And for COP I assume you were using a temperature approximation (Th/(Th-Tc) and not volumetric heat gain/loss, but I have no idea whether you were using the barrel temps or the heat exchanger temps or pre-barrel output temps, etc.

If you could elucidate that would be helpful/informative.
pick1e is offline   Reply With Quote