View Single Post
Old 09-30-10, 07:45 AM   #24
Big Al
Big Al

There's a lot of additional info on the web (just google flodesign ) on this turbine which confirms my suspicion that these can be packed much more tightly on a farm and also that the blades you can see at the front are part of the shroud with the actual turbine blades behind these.
They also got their $35M part B funding back in June ( I thought they were only looking for $25M in which case do you think they will forward me $10M for my development of a Megawatt Vawt in a shoebox ? ) Looking at the investors this thing seems to be being taken very seriously despite the failure of a similar NZ design , and others.
Instinct is a poor substitute for science , but I still can't believe a 300 foot diameter , slowly revolving, propellor which has to shutdown just as the wind speed gets up to where its got some real power is the way we should be going . I did a bit of research on the wind power "gurus" who seem to inhabit some of the deepest trenches and they all seem to have some sort of vested interest in the existing technology ( a possible exception being Sangrillo who now has a connection with Helix wind.Big Al

Last edited by Big Al; 09-30-10 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Just an addition
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote