View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 08:27 PM   #8
RB855
Helper EcoRenovator

I intentionally had a project that used a R410 compressor running R134 due to special circumstances. If I am recalling correctly, a 12kbtu compressor downrated to about 8500btu using the other gas. Using fuzzy logic (its late and i haven't looked at a T&P chart in some time) You are probably operating in the 16-18kbtu range with your new 24kbtu compressor. Also, using a IR therm for critical temperature measurement is shooting in the dark. You need a real contact thermo that is calibrated before making any claims of superheat/subcool. Also, its not possible to have a 85* liquid temp with 100* ambient unless I misread something or you have a restriction in the system. That compressor should chug along just fine on r22, just at a lower system capacity and possibly slightly reduced actual efficiency since the compressor motor is slightly oversized. You may have discovered your 2t is oversized for the house if you have made any significant improvements to the envelope since the house was rated for 2t (or in my case, I have a large tree shading and my ac is oversized now...)
RB855 is offline   Reply With Quote