View Single Post
Old 09-04-15, 12:20 PM   #24
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Still on the trail...

I am still on the trail regarding Win_10 personal information tracking...

I had a brief conversation last evening, with a fellow I know who is currently (as in 'for now'...) using windows OS (7 & 10) to run applications that require maximum security.

He is the most computer savvy person I know, and even he didn't know about how invasive Win_10 has become. To put it mildly, he was very concerned.

I'll be interested to find out what he comes up with. I'd be surprised if he doesn't jump ship and go with some kind of Linux, or better yet, BSD.

I should report that I have gone through some of the recommended security-insuring lists and have turned "off" as many options as I could and still have my computer run. I have found that some of these settings have ominously re-set themselves to "on".

I'm now in the process of collecting and assessing various tracking tools.

One of them, "Windows 10 Privacy Fixer" triggered a Trojan alert in AVG. Could be a false positive, but I'm in a maximum conservative mode right now regarding my computer, so I dumped it.

But here is a very interesting write up that was hard to find. Especially interesting is in section 4, which concerns,"...remove your Microsoft account from Windows 10 and use a local account instead...".

Best,

-AC