View Single Post
Old 06-26-09, 09:28 AM   #95
jwxr7
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Is there any commercially avaliable solution for this problem?
I'm not sure, I haven't researched it too much yet. I will be looking though.

Thanks for the ideas Denis.
I don't think the area around the panels is getting too hot being vegitation mostly. Putting down white stone would probably help though, it would also keep the weeds down. I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to this location that much yet, with all the work putting stone down.

There are lots of minerals in our water, and I can imagine they would build up wherever it evaporates. That makes things difficult for misting or trickling. I suppose a network of tubes touching the back side of the panels with water flowing thru them could help, but isn't very practical or efficient. Maybe misting the back surface is an option, I just don't like the idea of putting moisture on all the wiring and inverter stuff back there.
I think a good first step would be to cut back the weeds around the area of the array for better ventilation. This needs done again soon anyway to eliminate shadows, but I'll clear even farther away than needed for that.

These long hot sunny days have only been giving me 1200 watt hours or so, and I know that isn't nearly as good as it should be doing .

Last edited by jwxr7; 06-26-09 at 09:35 AM..
jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote