View Single Post
Old 09-10-13, 08:28 AM   #44
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern2 View Post
pinballlooking,

Remember zero electric bill is cool, but all the excess watts you generate are usually worth a lot less!

Vern
Vern,
My rural electric coop pays me the amount they charge per KWH, I think it's 10.7cents. Maybe because it's a coop? I pay a monthly fee of about $15.00 and that's it but I did have to buy my smart meter when I put the system in.

I know the PV systems in town on NYSEG (New York State Energy and Gas) get less per KWH than they pay for it. Also NYSEG is reluctant to OK intertie systems where as the coop engineer welcomed me and did all he could to help me get the system in. I think I was the only one who did his own install. I hope I will lead the way to others doing their own, I get a lot of people asking me about my systems and I have people coming up my driveway with lots of questions.
What I'm hoping to see are more places like HD selling 'box' systems to people for DIY installs.
I know Amazon sells this module arrangement that lets you put up modules in bundles of 4. You just stick a plug in the wall for an intertie, that's it!
HF sells modules too but I don't know how good they are.

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote